• How do I get a background check on myself/someone else?
For background checks contact North Dakota BCI at 701-328-5500.
• Does the Sheriff's Department do fingerprinting for employment?
As of September 1, 2012, the Burleigh County Sheriff's Department will no longer provide fingerprinting services for those needing prints that are not required to be taken by law enforcement, which include, but are not limited to Concealed Weapons Permits, Teacher Licensure, Student Teacher Background Checks, Nursing Licensure, Nursing Student Background Checks, Social Work Internships, Social Work Licensure, Medical Licensure, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Housing Assistance Background Checks, Federal Background Checks, Out of State Background Checks, All State Employees to include State Colleges and Universities, HazMat.
The following is a list of private companies that provide fingerprinting services:
1. ID METRYX
Address: 2900 E Broadway Ave, Bismarck, ND 58502-1121
2. Tanya M. Long
Certified Concealed Carry Instructor
• What is the inmate message line number?
• Can inmates have visitors?
Inmate visitation takes place on Tuesdays and Thursday. Sign-in begins at 12:30 pm and continues until 3:30 pm with no late sign-in being accepted. Inmates are allowed one 20 minute visit per visitation day.
An inmate is eligible for visitation after serving 4 consecutive days, not including the day they were booked in, and they must have completed and handed in their visitation form prior to the day of visitation.
All visitors are required to show a photo ID and must be dressed appropriately to include a shirt with sleeves.
If you wish to check if you are on an inmate's visitation list you must do so IN PERSON at the Burleigh County Sheriff's Department and show a photo ID.
• Can I leave money for an inmate?
Money can be put on an inmate's canteen account by:
1. Using cash or credit/debit card in the Kiosk located within the courthouse, just outside the Sheriff's Department door;
2. Using www.inmatecanteen.com; or
3. Mailing a money order or cashier's check payable to the inmate to the Burleigh County Detention Center, PO Box 1416, Bismarck, ND 58502-1416.
• What is the Court's phone number?
District Court: 701-222-6702
Municipal Court: 701-355-1350